What is a Medically Supervised Weight-Loss Program?
A medically supervised weight-loss program is a program that is designed and supervised by a medical professional. The program typically involves a combination of diet, exercise, and medication to help individuals lose weight and improve their overall health.
What Are The Benefits?
The benefits of a medically supervised weight-loss program include:
- Personalized treatment: The program is tailored to the individual’s specific needs, medical history, and lifestyle.
- Safe and effective: The program is designed to ensure that weight loss is achieved in a safe and healthy way.
- Accountability: Regular check-ins with a medical professional help individuals stay on track and motivated.
- Long-term success: The program focuses on making sustainable lifestyle changes that can lead to long-term weight loss and improved health outcomes.
The medications that may be prescribed as part of a medically supervised weight-loss program, vary depending on the individual’s medical history, current health status, and weight loss goals.
You may also need to make changes to your diet and exercise habits to optimize the effects of the medication. Additionally, you can expect to experience weight loss, which may help to improve your overall health and reduce your risk of complications related to type 2 diabetes.
Some examples of medications offered are:
Compounded Semaglutide, which is a glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor agonist that works by increasing insulin secretion and decreasing glucagon secretion, which helps to lower blood sugar levels. It is administered once a week by injection. It has helped many people lose weight by reducing appetite and promoting feelings of fullness.
Tirzepatide is a dual glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) and GLP-1 receptor agonist that works in a similar way to semaglutide.
These medications are typically used in conjunction with diet and exercise to help individuals achieve their weight loss goals.
What Are The Side Effects?
The most common side effects of semaglutide and tirzepatide are gastrointestinal in nature, including nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Other side effects may include headache, dizziness, and fatigue.
Who Is Not Eligible For These Medications?
Semaglutide and tirzepatide are not suitable for everyone.
They should not be used by people with
-Type 1 diabetes
-A history of medullary thyroid carcinoma or multiple endocrine neoplasia syndrome type 2.
-A history of pancreatitis
-Individuals who are pregnant or breastfeeding
It is important to talk to your healthcare provider about your medical history and any medications you are currently taking before starting semaglutide or tirzepatide to determine if it is a suitable treatment option for you.
How Can I Achieve Maximum Benefit?
Combining GLP-1 medications, skin tightening devices, IV hydration and lipotropic injections may have several benefits for individuals looking to improve their overall health and appearance.
- Skin tightening devices such as radiofrequency devices and lasers can help improve the appearance of sagging skin, wrinkles, and fine lines. These devices work by stimulating collagen production, which can help tighten and firm the skin.
- Lipotropic injections contain a combination of amino acids, vitamins, and minerals that may help boost metabolism and aid in weight loss. They can also help improve liver function and aid in detoxification.
- Peptide therapy is also effective in assisting with weight loss among many other benefits. Our bodies make peptides by joining amino acids together and can also absorb and use some peptides found in plants, meat, and fish. Peptides are like proteins but contain smaller chains of amino acids. Like proteins, many peptides help our bodies maintain cellular function and regulate the autoimmune response.
Peptides with known health benefits are called bioactive peptides, which are used in weight loss and other health-related supplements.
Combining these treatments may lead to significant improvements in overall health and appearance. GLP-1 medications can help individuals achieve weight loss goals, while skin tightening devices and lipotropic injections can help improve the appearance of the skin and aid in weight loss.
This is all in conjunction with a healthy diet and daily exercise. It is important to note that these treatments should be used under the supervision of a healthcare professional and should not be viewed as a replacement for a healthy diet and exercise regimen.